PMO Support Analyst
We’re Atom bank
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Want to join us?
Atom is the UK’s first bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance. We’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow.
That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
The Studio is the Atom bank PMO function. The function sits within the Strategy Directorate and has direct ownership of Programme and Project Management. The Studio works directly with the Technology functions and relies on their contribution to support delivery.
The Studio is responsible for defining overarching delivery governance, shaping project life-cycles and identifying/providing best practice guidance. The Studio also perform regular assurance of projects to ensure defined governance is being adhered to, and that the correct mechanisms/forums are in place to support. Additionally, The Studio supports the Executive Team through collation and administration of various Executive and Board Level reports/roadmaps to aid strategic decision making.
The PMO Support Analyst is an integral part of The Studio, working closely with the Lead PMO Analyst and the wider Studio team in categorising, assessing and governing change to optimise portfolio outputs and demonstrate control without loss of agility.
The PMO Support Analyst provides support to the Portfolio and Studio Manager and Lead PMO analyst through taking ownership of appropriate tasks, and administrative support to the Studio, as well as supporting Studio-led steering groups and leadership meetings. The PMO Support Analyst is also expected, when necessary, to provide extra capacity on key change initiatives.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
The PMO Support Analyst is responsible for:
- Supporting the Lead PMO Analyst in various activities including, but not limited to:
- Administration and maintenance of Studio owned tools o Completion of regular Key Performance Indicator reports
- Completion of regular Key Risk Indicator reports
- Tracking and administering portfolio RAID logs
- Ensuring reporting is timely and effective
- Identifying efficiency savings
- Supporting implementation of new ways of working.
Completing secretarial activities for Studio and Studio-chaired meetings (e.g Change Steering Committee) including, but not limited to:
- Organisation of recurring/ad-hoc meetings
- Circulating agendas
- Recording meeting minutes, outcomes and decisions o Liaising with stakeholders
- Following up on meeting actions and decisions
- Preparing documentation and presentational packs.
Providing administrative support to the wider Studio team including, but not limited to:
- Data gathering and analysis
- Creation and maintenance of key Studio documentation
- Produce presentational information.
Working with Project and Programmes to:
- Set clear expectations on Governance
- Ensure lifecycle stage gates are adhered to
- Identify resource requirements and challenges
- Provide extra capacity on key change initiatives, as required.
The PMO Support Analyst is also regularly expected to:
- Liaise with third parties and external stakeholders
- Provide support, guidance and advice on best practice in line with Studio principles
- Collaborate across various business functions
- Support and encourage knowledge sharing within and external to the team
- Contribute to the enhancement of ways of working
- Provide ad-hoc support to projects under the supervision of Programme/Project Leads.
In addition, all members of The Studio are expected to proactively:
- Position ‘The Studio’ as a trusted partner within Atom by striving for accuracy, transparency and execution excellence in all activities
- Seek out opportunities to improve The Studio, Technology and Strategic activities
- Stand-in for other team members where needed.
What do we need from you?
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and balancing multiple priorities
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Diligent and attentive to detail
- Experience in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and/or G Suite (Sheets, Slides Docs)
- Experience of working within a fast-paced digital environment
- Experience of working within Financial Services and/or Technology environments.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience of working in an established PMO function or equivalent Project/Portfolio Support function
- Experience of using Jira Software
- Understanding of Project Management & IT governance and associated methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Prince2, etc)
- Awareness of financial planning and budget management.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at