We’re Atom bank
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
- The UK’s most trusted bank on Trustpilot
Want to join us?
The Portfolio and Studio Manager works with the Head of Studio to provide a forward-looking strategic view with matched resource allocation and standardising the planning, reporting, risk management and finances for in-flight projects across the Atom business. The role is accountable for working with the Atom business, to ensure delivery alignment to strategic priorities and effectively manage ongoing BAU and project budgets providing a level of control that works across Atom.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Shape and establish governance of projects outlining clear roles, responsibilities and ownership
- Install a framework which can be evidenced to demonstrate standardised reporting
- Influence all stakeholders and provide solutions/options to challenges ensuring time, cost and quality is considered at all times
- Provide a consistent data source which allows for the timely production for any investor packs, board packs or management meeting packs
- Present oral and written reports outlining progress etc ensuring the audience is considered at all times
- Lead, Inspire and empower colleagues to take ownership of their scope
- Facilitate decision making discussions and encourage knowledge sharing through various tools and techniques across the portfolios
- Create a collaborative portfolio environment which encourages stakeholders to become creative in their solutioning of requirements and look towards MP(Minimum Product), MVP(Minimum Viable Product) and MLP(Minimum Loved Product)
- Set and meet realistic deadlines ensuring stakeholder expectations and buy in is agreed to achieve project success
- Management of portfolio of work ensuring resource, delivery plans and budget are managed effectively
- Provide line management (within specific domain allocated core resource) ensuring colleagues are motivated and consistently achieve high performance targets aligned to objectives
- Management of Change Steering, BAU and Project and Portfolio budgets
- Responsibility for Risk and Audit with the technology programme including any communications required for the respective key meetings and any risk and audit issues
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience of managing successful technology projects, programmes or portfolios with experience of managing large/strategic projects of work including 3rd party implementations
- Expertise and experience in both Waterfall and Agile delivery technique
- Agility, flexibility and resilience
- Persistent demonstration of leadership and control
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience of delivery of portfolios of projects
What would we ideally like from you?
- Industry expert
- Technical delivery background
- Experience of managing external bodies/agency’s (FCA, PRA, Payments Council etc) as part of a regulatory/government implementation
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at