As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
We’re Atom bank
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
- The UK’s most trusted bank on Trustpilot
Want to join us?
As an Application Support Junior for Atoms’ Core Banking platform, you will be providing support to operational areas using your knowledge of business functions/processes and technical elements of the core banking systems to assist in the triage, management and resolution of application incidents and problems.
You will also assist in providing Service Protection through engagement and input into projects and review of planned changes as well as understanding impact and verification steps pre-change.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Support of incident, problem and defect management activities
- Support of Core banking applications & services
- POC for operational areas into Service Delivery offering advice into how to approach potential incidents/changes
- Understanding of business processes
- Management and support of applications and suppliers in accordance to ITIL Standards
- Working with other areas of Service Delivery to ensure knowledge transfer of new Core Banking Services into the Production environment is concise
- Assist with creation, maintenance and review of support documentation prepared during Service Transition into production
What do we need from you?
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Working experience of providing application support
- Experience of working with 3rd Parties
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of technical support and the hosted infrastructure
- Strong conversational skills; being able to hold discussions on the same topic at both technical and operational level
- Experience using an ITSM tool
- Working knowledge of a database query language, e.g. SQL, PLSQL, Python, MySQL
What would we ideally like from you?
- ITIL Certified
- Application support of a Core Banking application/environment
- Experience of managing 3rd parties
- Ability to identify and technically interpret issues to route cause via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis
- Financial Services or Regulated Environment Experience
- Ability to produce concise MI from raw data identifying trends and patterns where necessary
- Experience using Python
- Experience in log analysis and monitoring systems
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at