As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
Application Support Senior for Atoms’ Banking platform, providing support to operational areas using your knowledge of business processes and technical elements of the banking systems to triage, manage and resolve application incidents and problems. You will play a key role in the planning of systems and architectural changes in the design phase as well as providing Service Protection through engagement in testing, then reviewing and guiding planned changes at implementation.
You will have an excellent understanding of the banking architecture and will use this knowledge to drive service improvements and increase the efficiency of the team.
- Support incident, problem and defect management activities
- Support of Core banking applications & services
- Key Contact for operational areas into Service Delivery offering advice into how to approach potential incidents/changes
- Understanding of business processes
- Play a key role in the planning of systems and architectural changes in the design phase as well as reviewing and guiding planned changes at implementation
- Review architectural structure for all inbound & existing applications to gain understanding of data and process flows
- Provide out of hours support of planned changes and major incidents
- Mentoring and technical support to Application Support Analyst and Junior
- Management and support of applications
- Working with other areas of Service Delivery to ensure knowledge transfer of new Core Banking Services into the Production environment is concise Assist with creation, maintenance, and review of support documentation prepared during Service Transition into production
- Provide support for Service & Supplier Reviews
Key performance indicators
- SLA Adherence, focusing on time to fix/resolve prioritised incidents and problems
- Internal Customer Satisfaction
- High Service Availability
- Low number of repeat incidents
- Detailed incident triage
- Low number of projects introduced incidents
- Cost of Failure
- Customer Satisfaction
- Supplier Management
- Experience of supporting Financial Services or Regulated Environment applications
- Excellent understanding of ITIL Framework
- Experience of managing 3rd parties
- Experience of supporting SaaS & hosted applications
- Experience of working with 3rd Parties
- Experience using an ITSM tool
- Strong working knowledge of a database query language, e.g. SQL, PLSQL, Python, MySQL
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings – strong understanding
- Experience of working in a cloud-hosted infrastructure
- ITIL Certified or equivalent
- Application support of a Core Banking Platform
- Ability to identify and technically interpret issues to route cause via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis
- Ability to produce concise MI from raw data identifying trends and patterns where necessary
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at