Associate Solutions Architect
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Quickness and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
As an Associate Solutions Architect you’ll support our Solution Architects in crafting highly scalable, flexible & resilient solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of Atom. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps Atom understand best practices and solutions that align to Atom’s strategy.
You’ll contribute to the shaping and execution of building solutions for a broad range of customer use cases for both business banking and retail customers, whilst providing key documentation relating to architecture at Atom and liaise with a variety of stakeholders from across the bank.
In this role you will have the opportunity to complete a professional qualification to support your learning and development in the role whilst receiving ongoing support from your coach and peers.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Assist in the development of technology solutions which are well balanced and deliverable while also supporting the long-term evolvability of Atom’s Technology platform
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to provide assurance that solutions are designed to be holistically and/or structurally compatible with areas such as Product Management, Engineering, DevOps and Data.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions and technical architecture guild
- Support the guild in the creation of repeatable patterns, principles, and guidance. You will take ownership of evangelising and dissemination of these insights
- Support value-stream Architects in the creation and/or adaption of design artefacts, including (but not limited to) context documents, feature designs and diagrams
What do we need from you?
- Understanding of Solutions Architecture & Software Devlopment
- Show systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively both internally and externally
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse stakeholder population from all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Willingness to learn and progress
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible Hybrid & Remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option – performance-related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at