The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Atom is investing in its data model and management and are hiring our first Business Intelligence role that will be central to achieving our Data Strategy. As a BI Engineer you’ll reinforce Atom’s business-wide data culture, curate and enhance business intelligence reporting, promote self-service, and ensure the quality of BI and reporting that a rapidly growing business requires.
In this role you’ll support our Lead Data Science Engineer in creating a self-serve capability for Analysts and Stakeholders from across the business, so that they are empowered to run their own data queries & reports. This role will also play a key part in ensuring Atom continues to have a culture that values data governance and how this drives activities for a business driven by data.
You will be a key member of the Insight & Intelligence team within Atom’s Technology function. Reporting to the Lead Data Science Engineer through to the Chief Data Officer, you will have significant exposure across the business, supporting a wide range of stakeholders and customers.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Curate and produce core Business Intelligence & reporting
- Lead the rollout of Business Intelligence tooling and self-serve across the enterprise
- Work closely with Data Governance to strengthen data management including metadata and lineage
- Drive data management automation through collaboration with data science and data engineering
- Drive a strong data culture within Atom
What do we need from you?
- Significant experience in business intelligence, enterprise data models and data governance
- Ideally experience using Tableau, however similar BI tool experience is welcome
- Very strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Established team skills; you will be someone that people want to work with
- Strong delivery ethos; you will have done something really exciting and ideally important with data
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at