As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
Leading the fintech charge…
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
Our teams are multi-disciplined, well-structured, and set up to work in Agile Scrum or Kanban. We encourage collaboration and creative thinking when building products and services. So, if this appeals to you, consider joining us to deliver innovative solutions.
Want to join us?
The crucial bridge between the business and technology, the Atom Business Analyst is the driving force behind delivering tangible business value through investigating business problems/opportunities, identifying business needs, exploring solution options, and owning change through the entirety of the project lifecycle
Activity will be aligned to one of Atom’s key strategic delivery pillars, with a view to initially ensuring thorough impact assessments are undertaken and all impacted stakeholders are identified and consulted. The role then continues to own the change for the entirety of the project lifecycle including requirements gathering, process definition and full end to end traceability through to implementation.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Stakeholder identification, engagement, and management
- Investigate & critically assess business problem/opportunity against business goals & strategy
- Write business case(s) that accurately depicts proposed project and is tailored to intended consumer(s)
- Elicit requirements using variety of techniques i.e. workshops, interviews, surveys
- Support the Technical Product Assurance Specialist to analyse and understand the technical requirements associated with the product backlogs on individual project
- Product Backlog analysis
- Work within scrum to create & refine business and technical stories in preparation for sprint planning
- Host and facilitate requirements prioritisation
- Effective requirements management & traceability
- Business process modelling & improvement
- Customer journey mapping
- End to end business design
- Liaise with solution architects to validate solution design
- Be a custodian of requirements throughout project lifecycle.
What do we need from you?
- A Technology & Change background
- Experience with user requirements analysis and documentation including BPMN, use case and user stories in both waterfall and agile environments
- Analytical/critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and be problem solver
- Demonstrable experience building rapport with business stakeholders and influencing decision making
- Gravitas with management/senior stakeholders
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-confidence to challenge thinking/decisions
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in parallel.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Previous experience within a Retail Banking or other Financial Services environment
- Holds/working towards Business Analysis certification (Diploma)
- Proficient with Confluence/Jira
- Knowledge of payments projects such as CHAPS/Bacs/Faster Payments/Card Issuing & Acceptance.
What you’ll get from us:
- Remote and flexible working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at