The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Here at Atom we are continuing to deliver a tailored, data-driven financial toolkit for SMEs alongside a suite of Smart Lending products underpinned by Atom’s unique smart contract technology and machine learning capabilities. We are hiring a Business Analyst to be part of a cross-functional team helping bring this exciting proposition to market.
As a Business Analyst you’ll be the driving force behind delivering tangible value through defining, scoping and investigating business problems & opportunities assigned by the Business Banking Value Stream Product Manager and Technical Delivery Manager.
Your activity will be aligned to the Business Banking Value Stream with a view to ensuring thorough impact assessments are undertaken and impacted stakeholders are identified and consulted. You’ll own the change for the entirety of the Product lifecycle including requirements gathering, process definition and full end to end traceability through to implementation.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Identify and agree appropriate business analysis approach on a given project/change initiative with the Technical Delivery Manager and Lead Business Analyst
- Perform capability assessment against current business system and functionality to provide a view of initiative viability
- Drive decision making within the requirements gathering and process definition exercises to ensure adherence to plan timelines
- Perform business impact analysis to provide the Product Manager & Technical Delivery Manager with a high-level view on the sizing and complexity of a project/initiative, to assist with the assessment of the overall viability
- Investigate & critically assess business problem/opportunity against strategic planning and change priorities
- Liaise with architecture to validate solution design against requirements.
- Facilitate and support prioritisation exercises to define MVP and further iterations
- Ensure standards, policies and frameworks are adhered too through collaboration with 3 levels of defence
- Support in the speedy and efficient movement of business requirements through the sprint cycle
What do we need from you?
- Considerable experience in a Business Analyst role
- Proficient knowledge in Agile & Waterfall SDLC and approaches to requirement gathering or user story capture in these
- Have a strong understanding and practical experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Possess excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Be analytically minded and a problem solver
- Have the ability to build rapport with business stakeholders and influence and drive decision making
- Proficient with Confluence/Jira
What you’ll get from us:
- Remote & Flexible working
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at