As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
We’re Atom bank
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
Want to join us?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow.
That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
The crucial bridge between the business and technology, the Atom Business Analyst is the driving force behind delivering tangible business value through investigating business problems/opportunities, identifying business needs, exploring solution options, and owning change through the entirety of the project lifecycle
Activity will be aligned to one of Atom’s key strategic delivery pillars, with a view to initially ensuring thorough impact assessments are undertaken and all impacted stakeholders are identified and consulted. The role then continues to own the change for the entirety of the project lifecycle including requirements gathering, process definition and full end to end traceability through to implementation.
This role will involve a flexible mix of remote and office working based at either our HQ in Durham or London office.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Stakeholder identification, engagement, and management
- Investigate & critically assess business problem/opportunity against business goals & strategy
- Write business case(s) that accurately depicts proposed project and is tailored to intended consumer(s)
- Elicit requirements using variety of techniques i.e. workshops, interviews, surveys
- Support the Technical Product Assurance Specialist to analyse and understand the technical requirements associated with the product backlogs on individual project
- Product Backlog analysis
- Work within scrum to create & refine business and technical stories in preparation for sprint planning
- Host and facilitate requirements prioritisation
- Effective requirements management & traceability
- Business process modelling & improvement
- Customer journey mapping
- End to end business design
- Liaise with solution architects to validate solution design
- Be a custodian of requirements throughout project lifecycle
- Work closely with test team to inform on test strategy
- Assess business value realisation
- Perform capability assessments
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- A Technology & Change background
- Experience with user requirements analysis and documentation including BPMN, use case and user stories in both waterfall and agile environments
- Analytical/critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and be problem solver
- Demonstrable experience building rapport with business stakeholders and influencing decision making
- Gravitas with management/senior stakeholders
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-confidence to challenge thinking/decisions
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in parallel
What would we ideally like from you?
- Previous experience within a Retail Banking or other Financial Services environment
- Holds/working towards Business Analysis certification (Diploma)
- Proficient with Confluence/Jira
- Knowledge of payments projects such as CHAPS/Bacs/Faster Payments/Card Issuing & Acceptance
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at