As Database Administrator (DBA) for Atoms’ Core Banking platform, you will provide hands on capability to both Release and Technically Support the Middle Tier Database’s and sub-components of Atom’s Core Banking solution in a 24/7 operational landscape.
- Provide DBA support to cover the banking platform databases, not limited to but including: Patching, Component Release and Configuration, Performance Monitoring, Tuning, Security, High Availability
- 2nd and 3rd tier support of Core banking applications, databases & services
- Work with the Service Delivery Teams to support incident, problem and defect management activities
- Provide support for Atom’s Core Banking Components (including but not limited to API/ESB platform, Database(s), Identity Access Management, and banking sub-systems)
- Manage service availability issues and drive problem resolution
- Manage knowledge transfer from Dev builds during technical transition of new Core Banking Services into the Production environment
- Assist with creation of/maintenance of Knowledge Articles to support the function
Key Performance Indicators
- Time-to-fix/Resolution times
- Ensure High Service Availability
- Manage Service Availability via monitoring
- Incident triage and technical handover of issues to development team(s)
- SLA Adherence
- Vendor Management (technical)
- Experience of working in a hands-on DBA support role alongside handing off issues to internal development staff and third-party support function(s) where required
- Proven experience installing, administering and maintaining databases including tuning, optimisation and security
- Ability and willingness to adapt to administering a range of database technologies
- 2 years’ experience supporting High availability solutions including Clustering, Mirroring and Log Shipping in a Cloud based environment utilising CI/CD tools
- Experience of NoSQL and Postgres databases
- Ability to identify and technically interpret issues to route cause via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis
- Working knowledge of Web Services and associated architectures/technologies, RESTful APIs, API Platform(s), ESB Platform(s), API Security Concepts
- Knowledge of Linux RHEL commands to facilitate service management/restoration of service, and analysis
- Experience supporting MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, SQL Sever and Postgres SQL
- Knowledge of network infrastructure concepts (including network components, network security, load balancing)
- Experience of managing 3rd parties
- Working knowledge of supporting cloud based/hosted applications
- Financial Services or Regulated Environment Experience
- Knowledge of Development Language(s), ideally Java, Python or C-Like Language(s)
- Broad understanding of Systems Architecture
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at