The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Speed and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Our teams are multi-disciplined, well-structured, and set up to work in Agile Scrum or Kanban. We encourage collaboration and creative thinking when building products and services. So, if this appeals to you, consider joining us to deliver innovative solutions.
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services.
The IT Delivery team works at the heart of Atom. The team is made up of Scrum Masters, Process Managers and Environment Managers. Together they ensure that Atom delivers consistent and regular change to enable and grow the business.
As Environment Manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring that environment stability is maintained to high levels to ensure a solid foundation for continuous delivery into production. Also, that the configuration, versioning and alignment of all associated systems, components, applications, services etc. are known, maintained, and updated for utilisation across the stack by a variety of teams.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Key point of knowledge for Atom’s technology stack
- Develop and maintain an inventory of Atom’s non-production and production environments to ensure parity and reduce risk for deployments
- Provide ongoing support to functional pillars in relation to configuring and baselining items out of sprint/project
- Create configuration documents utilising a consistent approach; that aligns to SMART
- Work with SRE team on prioritising environment defects that may block sprints and see these through to resolution
- Implement robust monitoring across non-production estate and ensure correct alerting is in place
- Lead, update and recommend improvements to existing environment management processes and procedures based on latest trends and efficiencies
- Engage and work alongside respective teams to further enhance:
- Management process
- Maintenance and oversight
- Versioning control
- Review, analyse and present resolutions to environment challenges and issues.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience of managing complex releases from completion of build, through test and into production environments
- Experience of working in Cloud based environments
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Stakeholder management experience across software engineering, DevOps and service delivery teams.
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Working knowledge of operating cloud-based applications
- Financial Services or Regulated Environment Experience
- A Broad understanding of Systems Architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps automation concepts and tooling, e.g. Terraform and Ansible
- Broad understanding of version control software and code branching concepts (e.g. GitFlow)
- Broad knowledge of configuration management database tooling and processes.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 4 day week
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at