We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
It’s important that everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry as well as providing exceptional customer service.
The Technology Team works at the heart of Atom. The team is made up of DevOps, Automation, UX, Change, Testing, Developers, Service Delivery & Cyber Security. Together they ensure that Atom manages effective business change in building and maintaining all of Atom’s Technology.
The Junior Payment Project Manager will be responsible for bridging the gap between payments and the technology function and collaborating with our Payments specialists in order to continue to grow the function.
This role will enable you to develop your knowledge of the global money transmission infrastructure that supports the movement of funds around the UK and global payment systems. With this knowledge, you will be responsible for the delivery of payment infrastructure projects that will include the UK payment systems such as Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPs. In addition, you will be responsible for delivering Global Card Scheme related projects in the form of Mastercard or Visa Card Issuing initiatives and card capture payments. In time you will become the Atom “Go To” person within the IT Team on all payment related subjects.
You will possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, good analytical skills and the ability and drive to build and maintain solid working relationships. You will also have the passion to inspire, motivate and drive forward the payment’s knowledge within the wider business.
In this role you will have the opportunity to complete an Apprenticeship to support your learning and development in the role. You will receive ongoing support from your coach and peers as well as a mentor from another business area.
- Help to implement clear and concise detailed project implementation plans with the support from the Senior Project Manager
- Communicate findings, decisions and rationale to the wider business in an efficient and effective manner both written and oral, ensuring the audience is considered at all times.
- Operate in a calm, controlled manner which inspires confidence and trust across all stakeholders.
- Support the Senior Project manager in shaping and establishing governance of projects which allows for outlining clear roles, responsibilities and ownership within the projects.
- Support the project managers in the delivery and implementation of multiple projects
- Ensure stakeholders are well informed and when possible suggest solutions/options to challenges ensuring time, cost and quality is considered at all times.
- Support in setting and meeting realistic deadlines ensuring stakeholder expectations and buy in is agreed to achieve project success.
- Enhance the brand by representing Atom externally through various project assignments (e.g. payments/Gov agencies, roadshows).
- Provide the bridge between the Bank’s, payment developments and the wider Operational Finance operating model to ensure they remain complementation and aligned
- Support SME’s in providing the bridge between the Bank’s, payment developments and the wider Operational Finance operating model to ensure they remain complementation and aligned
Key Performance Indicators
- Establishment of effective relationships with external suppliers and key stakeholders.
- Consistent delivery to time, budget and scope.
- Adherence to defined and agreed project methodologies.
- Internal Stakeholder feedback.
- Clear and concise delivery plans and reporting.
- No surprises through consistent reporting.
- Effective and smooth project delivery with subsequent transition into service/BAU.
- Frequent high-quality delivery and management of portfolios of work.
- Post Implementation Reviews and Post Benefit Reviews.
- Agreement of closure of warranty periods in line with Business/Service Acceptance criteria.
- Degree level qualified in a financial/analytical related subject
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- A passion for developing and learning
- Passionate about Atom and its core values
- A broad understanding of the Financial Services sector
- Drive, passion and enthusiasm
- Broad understanding of the role of a Project manager
- Experience dealing with stakeholders
- Experience within an office environment
- Agility and Flexibility
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.