Information Security Analyst GRC
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Speed and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Our teams are multi-disciplined, well-structured, and set up to work in Agile Scrum or Kanban. We encourage collaboration and creative thinking when building products and services. So, if this appeals to you, consider joining us to deliver innovative solutions.
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, and design, implementation of security requirements across internal projects and security operations.
As a digital only Bank, this brings with it a set of risks from a security perspective. As Information Security Analyst GRC at Atom you’ll ensure that security is embedded and aligned with security standards, applicable to legal, regulatory, and best practice frameworks in relation to banking Governance, Risk and Compliance. This role requires a broad understanding of Information Security with some experience in a similar role within a regulated environment.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Support the development of the Security Framework for Atom
- Assisting with Third party security assessments
- Support the development of the Information Security Strategy for Atom
- Support the development of the Information Security Framework for Atom
- Engagement and support all activities that Atom will undertake
- Understanding of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Supporting with scoping, conducting and assessing complex penetration testing; e.g. to CREST, CHECK or CBEST standards or handcrafting application exploits
- Assessing Security Threat and converting this to a material impact
- Collaborate on appropriate training requirements
- General audit and risk assessment support
- Regular report generation and presentation
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant industry trends, and product offerings
- Help to raise awareness of security within Atom through various communication exercises
- Ensure the Atom security policy is communicated to and followed by all staff and assist management with investigation of breaches
What do we need from you?
- Experience within an Information Security environment
- Experience of security governance in a technology environment
- Good project management and consulting skills
- Knowledge of implementing and monitoring performance against NIST, IS027001 standards and audit process
- An appreciation of the PCI standard and audit process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt style to suit audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, assertive, and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgment and discretion where appropriate
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Be resilient, resourceful & think outside the box
- Flexibility & Agility - You must be able to multi-task and deliver
- Results orientated & delivery focused
- Third party management skills
- Relevant industry qualification or experience, i.e. diploma/masters in information security, CCSA, SSCA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 4 day week
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at