As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
We’re Atom bank
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
- The UK’s most trusted bank on Trustpilot
Want to join us?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow.
That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
With Atom being a digital Bank, this brings with it a set of risks from a security perspective. This role will work within the Security Team, to protect, detect, respond and recover to Atoms customers, brand, people and reputation.
The role holder must be an advocate of best in class security practice with the ability to influence at all levels, provide practical advice and guidance and remain approachable to all of Atoms people.
As an InfoSec Analyst you will support Atom to ensure that security is in-line with various security standards, applicable to legal, regulatory and best practice frameworks relating to banking standards.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Supporting the development of the Security Framework for Atom
- Supporting the development of Atom’s Cloud initiatives
- Incident management response - from triage to resolution
- Supporting the on-call function
- Engage and support all activities that Atom will undertake
- Identifying security threats and converting this to a material impact
- Assisting with Third party security assessments
- Collaborate on appropriate training requirements
- General audit and risk assessment support
- Manage and assess Security risk in accordance with ISO 27001/2 and industry best practice
- Regular report generation and presentation
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of threat intelligence, industry trends, and relevant product offerings
- Be a key focal point for all security matters across the business
- Raise awareness of security within Atom through various communication exercises
- Ensure the Atom security policy is communicated to and followed by all staff and assist management with investigation of breaches.
- User administration of high-level financial systems
- Supporting with scoping, conducting and assessing complex penetration testing; e.g. to CREST, CHECK or CBEST standards or handcrafting application exploits
What do we need from you?
- Experience of public cloud platforms
- Strong understanding of data and voice networks
- Experience within an Information security environment
- Experience of security governance
- Good project management and consulting skills
- Knowledge of implementing and monitoring performance against the NIST, IS027001 standards and audit process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent influencing skills
- Confident, assertive and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgment and discretion where appropriate
- Highly organised, with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline
- Flexible team player who can work autonomously
- Ability to maintain currency of threats, industry trends, and relevant product offerings through Continuing Professional Development
What would we ideally like from you?
- Initiative, Resourceful
- Flexibility and Agility, able to multi-task and deliver
- Results orientated
- Business Continuity experience
- Third party management skills
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at