Accountable for the provision and run of all Atom environments, infrastructure, networks and applications from Dev, through Test and to Production and the single point of escalation on any issue covering environments and infrastructure.
Experience of managing development, test and production environments in public cloud, preferably Google Cloud Platform, 3rd party managed (e.g. SAAS) and private datacentre environments.
- Designing Atom environments and strategy to meet project requirements
- Design and delivery of networking needed to connect Atom public cloud environments with SaaS & on-premises environments
- Configuration, scheduling and release management of environments
- Maintaining Atom owned environments, e.g. patching upgrades and managing public cloud (Google) costs
- Accountability for the creation and delivery to the infrastructure and environments plan across all Atom technology workstreams
- Technical vendor relationship management with all key vendors who are part of the Atom architecture
- Configuration Management of all environments
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of Atom environments in-line with project delivery dates
- Atom public cloud (Google) costs managed in-line with budget
- Atom public cloud (Google) environments patched and upgrades in-line with operational and security requirements
- Clear view on risks & issues (with plans to mitigate and resolve) associated with infrastructure delivery
- Strong working relationship with Atom Leadership, Programme Delivery, DevOps/Architecture and Business Change teams
- Roll out of the Atom configuration management approach and delivery to it
- Experience of managing, defining and delivering environments across public cloud (Google), 3rd party hosted (SaaS) and private data centres
- Proven Google Cloud Platform experience
- Understanding of compute, storage, data and networking technologies in both public cloud (Google) and data centre environments
- Self-directed, proactive, able to work on own initiative with a best practice approach
- Able to articulate technical issues (with environments) in terms of business risk and opportunity
- Management of small to medium-sized technical teams
- Other public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure) experience
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.