You may have heard of us, we are Atom, a completely digital bank with no branches on the high street and no traditional banking website.
We are developing a mobile app that allows you to do your banking wherever you are, whenever you want.
As part of our technology we are developing a complex Kafka MQ and will extend to be a major component of our bank. We have an opportunity for a permanent developer to join our growing internal development team, where you will work alongside the Architecture, API Middleware, App Dev and Testing teams as well as third parties, playing an important role in building and supporting our Middleware.
- You will be responsible for developing various Java connectors to our APIs/Services integrating with a number of internal/external backend systems using Mulesoft and appropriate SW languages/tools preferably (Java)
- You will design and develop Kafka Topics and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
- You will ensure that your developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing)
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the App Dev and Test teams
- You will work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing
- You will play an active role in the Middleware support rota and ensure appropriate handling and resolution of any live defects
- You will take part in daily stand-ups to report your progress, current focus, and any blockers
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, OR relevant vocational qualification(s) with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate development estimates
- Quality and ideally defect-free development output
- Production of accurate documentation and design artefacts
- Effective triage and resolution of QA defects and production issues
- Effective collaboration with all internal and external teams
- Contribution to technical standards and design decisions
- Effective time management, good resilience and drive
- 3 years Java-like language development experience in an Agile development environment
- Java Message Queues experience
- A working knowledge of Mulesoft or similar platform, RESTful APIs with consideration of Unit Testing and Security principles
- Experience of working closely with third parties and external systems
- Clear communicator both written and verbally
- Hands-on Kafka development experience
- Kafka certification
- Middleware/ESB/Integration best practice
- TDD/BDD experience
- Technical Solution Design, and Technical Documentation experience
- Improvisation and thinking outside the box to solve complex technical challenges
- Working in a complex multi-vendor solution environment
- Financial Services or regulated industry experience
- Experience of functioning in the capacity of 3rd line support
- REST API modelling language experience (RAML, JAML, other)
- Experience in ESB service integration
- JAVA/Python/Golang programming language experience
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.