As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
To provide network support to the Atom Bank Business including but not limited to all network devices, the atom cloud estate, network problem management, providing best in class technical and customer service to the Atom business. Defining, designing and supporting all future network ventures the Atom business undertakes. It will be the role holders responsibly to create the network strategy’s own network projects, support incidents and problems to resolution, be technically capable of triaging any issue that may occur in the Atom network estate. This role is to support Atom’s core banking solution in a 24/7 operating environment.
- Provide support to cover Atom’s internal and cloud network platform, including but not limited to: Design, Support, Management, Configuration, Performance Monitoring, Tuning, Improvement, Security, High Availability, etc…
- Define and Implement Atom’s Network Strategy
- Work with Atom Technology teams to support incident, problem and defect management activities
- Provide support for Atom’s cloud, wired, WIFI and VOIP network
- Provide network security support for Atom’s cloud-based platform
- Manage and own availability issues and drive problem resolution
- Manage knowledge transfer to other members of the Security Team
- Create Policy, Procedure, and Process to support Atom’s Network
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank, we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
Key performance indicators
- Time-to-fix/Resolution times
- Ownership and Management of any project work that is given
- Ensure High Service Availability
- Manage Service Availability via monitoring
- Incident triage and technical handover of issues to development team(s)
- SLA Adherence
- Vendor Management (technical)
- Proven track record of working in a hands-on Network support role alongside handing off issues to internal staff and third-party support function(s) where required
- 2 years’ experience supporting Cloud networking technologies, preferably in Google GCP
- Proven experience designing, installing, administering and maintaining Cisco routing and switching Networks and Meraki Wireless Networks
- Experience of network security devices such as Checkpoint, Fortinet, McAfee, ASA
- Experience of VOIP telephony
- Experience of MPLS and 3rd party connectivity
- Cisco CCNA Certified
- Ability to identify and technically interpret issues to route cause via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis
- Cisco CCNP Certified
- Experience of Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Experience of Mitel and Polycom phones
- Experience in Encryption Key and Certificate management
- Experience in managing 3rd parties
- Financial Services or Regulated Environment Experience
- Knowledge of Development Language(s), ideally Java, Python or C-like Language(s)
- Broad understanding of Systems Architecture
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at