As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East and throughout the UK.
Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services.
Atom is all about making banking faster and simpler for our customers and the Service Transition Team performs a crucial role in achieving this. We are the key link between the change world and the service world - ensuring that all change is fully understood, documented, and supported before it is released into ‘live’ service.
Working in support of the Lead Service Manager (Transition), the Release Analyst will be responsible for the seamless Service Transition and Release of all Core Banking Platform and associated Third Parties services into Atom’s ‘live’ service environment.
Using your excellent communication and organisational skills, the role will involve building relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders to both track and coordinate the ‘big picture’ (each ‘pipeline’ of change from Atom’s change pillars) and work at a detailed level on individual releases.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Coordinate service transition activities for both large and small scale change, working with programme and project managers, suppliers and service teams
- Create and update Service Descriptions for new or changing services
- Maintain the Forward Schedule of Change - tracking all planned change from each of Atom’s change pillars to ensure this view is always accurate
- Work with key stakeholders to define service acceptance criteria for releases and track delivery against these
- Support the definition and continuous improvement of release processes, including development of templates
- Coordinate release management for small changes, including preparation and delivery of release communications
- Define and document RBAPs for new services / components
- Working closely with Service Desk, manage service tickets to ensure full and clear audit record of RBAP changes
- Support the Release Manager in all Transition and Release activities, including; documentation, templates, communications and reporting.
What do we need from you?
- Have experience collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders, including both technical and business-facing teams
- Good knowledge of the ITIL Framework
- Strong problem solving and experience of workload prioritisation
- Willing to learn in a challenging environment
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills that you can tailor to suit the audience
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Be highly organised, with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be a flexible team player who thrives working autonomously.
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Experience of working in a service management environment
- ITIL v4 Foundation Certification
- Experience of working in a Financial Services Institute
- Experience of delivering technology projects and/or change.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at