Atom has recently been awarded £10m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. With this grant, Atom will deliver a highly engaging, tailored, data-driven financial toolkit for SMEs alongside a suite of Smart Lending products underpinned by Atom’s unique smart contract technology and machine learning capabilities.
A Scrum Master is required to join a cross-functional team to help bring this exciting proposition to market. The role will include leading daily stand-ups, co-ordinating sprint planning meetings and continually evaluating processes to identify inefficiencies. The Scrum Master will utilise Scrum, Agile and Software Development knowledge to develop, maintain and manage project plans; taking a hands-on approach to ensure delivery.
- Guide and coach the team and organization to follow Agile/Scrum practices
- Guide and coach the team to become self-organised
- Help the team assess their ‘Scrum Maturity’ and higher levels of maturity and velocity
- Improve transparency within the team
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Guide the team to find the right person within the organization that can help them
- Build a safe and trusting environment where conflicts can be managed in a healthy way without fear of blame
- Be responsible for supporting and coaching the Product Owner on Agile/Scrum practices
- Working with the Product Manager with respect to managing and refining the product backlog
- Creates a shared focus on the importance of achieving results.
- Creates standards for project; establishes and defines roles and responsibilities, specific outcomes, and clear measures for quality and success of the team
Key Performance Indicators
- Level of positive, solution finding attitude
- Accuracy of sprint estimation, lack of scope creep
- Accurate and timely delivery
- Stakeholder feedback
- Experienced in a Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Problem solver and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience driving multiple forms of Agile delivery, including Scrum and Kanban
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience of coaching technical and non-technical team members in the principles of Agile.
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Experience using widely successful Agile techniques: Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Experience of working in a product-centric environment.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at