As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
The crucial bridge between the business and technology, the Atom BA is the driving force behind delivering tangible value through defining, scoping and investigating business problems/opportunities assigned via the Programme/Project Manager.
Activity will be aligned to one of Atom’s key strategic delivery pillars, with a view to initially ensuring thorough impact assessments are undertaken and all impacted stakeholders are identified and consulted. The role then continues to own the change for the entirety of the project lifecycle including requirements gathering, process definition and full end to end traceability through to implementation.
Partnership with other roles within the team is key, and an ability to quickly assess and engage the right expertise is key.
Senior business analysis
- Support the planning, estimation and coordination of the analysis activities for multiple Business Analysts within a programme delivery
- Provide an enterprise analysis view for planning and scoping change initiatives spanning across several project workstreams and programmes to enable effective strategic decision making against organisational goals
- Drive the Agile business analysis framework throughout the Agile/Scrum development process
- Take the lead on complex project/change initiatives to identify and agree appropriate business analysis approach and deliverables with the Programme Manager and Lead Business Analyst
- Perform capability assessment against current business system and functionality to provide a view of project viability and promote the breakdown of delivery into iterative chunks against business needs
- Effective requirements analysis, definition & documentation to create feature backlog to be prioritised by Programme Manager and Business Owner
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business and technology functions to enable effective decision making and challenge where applicable to remove blockers and support the momentum of change delivery
- Act as internal consultant, advocate and advisor for developing and maintaining industry agile best practice within the Business Analysis team and organisation
- Perform business impact analysis to provide the programme/project manager with a high-level view on the sizing and complexity of a project/initiative, to assist with the assessment of the overall viability
- Shape, define and agree project scope in conjunction with the programme manager
- Elicit requirements using variety of techniques i.e. workshops, interviews, surveys
- Investigate & critically assess business problem/opportunity against strategic planning and change priorities
- Investigate & critically assess business problem/opportunity against business goals & strategy
- Contribution towards business cases that accurately depicts proposed project and is tailored to intended consumer(s)
- Liaise with architecture to validate solution design against requirements
- End to end business process design
- Facilitate and support prioritisation exercises to define MVP and further iterations
- Ensure standards, policies and frameworks are adhered to through collaboration with 3 levels of defence
- Proficient in agile & waterfall software development lifecycles and the approach to requirements/user stories capture in either
- Ensure requirements are met to ensure business case delivery is achieved
- Liaise with test team to inform on and support test strategy and ensure completeness of requirement coverage in the approval of test scenario definitions
- Custodian of requirements throughout project lifecycle
- Support in the speedy and efficient movement of business requirements through the sprint cycle
- Input to the backlog content and prioritisation as part of scrum team
- Coordinate and facilitate 3rd party showcase of functionality
- Maintain traceability of requirements horizontally through to solution delivery and vertically against strategic scope and objectives
- Qualified through demonstrable work experience and examples of success
- Minimum of 4 years in a relevant business analysis role, preferably with previous experience as a senior business analyst
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of performing analysis within Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with business stakeholders and influence and drive decision making
- Strategic/critical thinker & problem solver
- Experience using design tools for business modelling and representation of the change
- Previous experience within a Retail Banking or other Financial Services environment
- Holds Business Analysis certification (Diploma)
- Proficient with Confluence/Jira
- Experienced in BPMN2.0 modelling language
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at