As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
You may have heard of us, we are Atom, a completely digital bank with no branches on the high street and no traditional banking website.
As part of our technology we are developing a series of paced change teams to deliver different types of projects to support our business growth.
We have got an opportunity for a senior integration developer to join our growing process automation team, were you will work alongside the business teams, project managers, business analysts and testers to deliver short term fixes and process improvements to the operational business areas of Atom.
- You will be responsible for technical leadership of the Integration Development Team including administration of development activities for the team
- You will manage daily stand-ups with the Integration Development team and escalate any blockers to the Head of Development
- You will be responsible for providing technical steer for design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- You will be responsible for developing various process solutions across business processes and systems using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
- You will ensure and developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the business and testing teams
- You will work with the business sponsor of the process changes to iteratively improve the solution and hone the data outputs
- You will work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing
- You will play an active role in the Automation support rota and ensure appropriate handling and resolution of any live defects
- Support the Head of Engineering with Release preparation and management for Automation change
- At the discretion of the Head of Engineering, Technical Senior Management, or Exco, execute any other reasonable ask or task in line with technical delivery for Atom
Key performance indicators
- Ensuring the team provides accurate delivery estimates
- Ensure the team deliver quality, and ideally defect-free development output
- Production of accurate documentation and design artefacts
- Effective triage and resolution of QA defects and Production issues
- Effective collaboration with all internal and external teams
- Provide significant contribution to technical standards and design decisions, offering challenge where appropriate
- Fit for purpose solutions accepted by business sponsors
- Quality and ideally defect-free development output
- Production of accurate documentation and design artefacts
- Effective collaboration with all internal teams
- Effective time management, good resilience and drive
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Experienced of Python, HTML, CSS, SQL & NoSQL. Mobile Development with Java & React, being an advantage but not a requirement
- Understanding of APIs and API structures would be favourable
- Exposure to and understanding of a standard project lifecycle
- Ability to understand business problems and think through technical solutions
- Experience in Kafka and/or Mule
- Exposure to agile project methodology
- Work experience in a technical environment
- TDD/BDD experience
- Improvisation and thinking outside the box to solve complex technical challenges
- Working in a complex multi-vendor solution environment
- Financial Services or regulated industry experience
- Experience of functioning in the capacity of 3rd line support
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at