This is a role for a motivated Senior Site Reliability Engineer, to join our ever-expanding team in Durham.
At Atom we are going through a major transformation piece of work, to migrate our current banking applications to the Google Public Cloud using the latest DevOps tooling and methods. To achieve this successfully we are looking for someone that is able to work with our team and partners to deliver our new banking applications on the Cloud.
Once the current infrastructure is built then the engineer will be part of a team responsible for continuing to develop high quality, automated and secure build and deployment processes to enable Atom to quickly release new features and products.
- You’d be reporting directly to our SRE Architecture and Development Lead
- Be able to collaborate with other internal teams and 3rd parties to:
- Facilitate stand-ups and discussions with developers, engineering teams and project managers.
- Research and gather project requirements.
- Break requirements down into stories and tasks, along with work estimates.
- Ensure the best practices of trustworthy computing and secure development and implementation lifecycle are adhered to.
- Provide expertise and guidance to design and develop a wide range of key systems.
- Ensure our engineering processes have a focus on security, scalability and performance.
- Configure and deploy regular software releases using a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Provide support and coaching to team members.
Key Performance Indicators
- Workstream sprint performance measured against expectations
- Level of demonstrable quality reusable code throughout project lifecycle.
- Level of bugs caught in testing. Ability to recognise fix and prevent from occurring in the future.
- Accuracy of estimates for time required and delivery dates of systems.
- Level of ability to successfully, accurately and repeatedly match systems behaviour to design requirements.
- Above all the ability to deliver quality systems on time and on budget.
- Efficiency of the SREs that work for the Senior SRE.
- Significant experience in a DevOps environment
- Significant experience of working with at least one of the major cloud platforms, e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Significant experience of working as either sole point of contact or in a small, wide responsibility team.
- Significant experience in a senior or leadership role.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Cloud secrets, passwords, token management using Hashicorp Vault
- Knowledge of containerised workloads and Kubernetes
- Agile Development Processes (e.g. SCRUM & Kanban)
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform and Ansible
- Version control using GitLab
- Build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins
- Conducting frequent code reviews
- Configuration as Code / Data as Code
- Bash scripting
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at