You may have heard of us, we are Atom, a completely digital bank with no branches on the high street and no traditional banking website.
We are developing a mobile app that allows you to do your banking wherever you are, whenever you want.
As a Senior Android Developer at Atom we are looking specifically for you to work as evangelist in a fresh and dynamic team, working on state of the art projects in IT, for one of the world’s largest start-up Fintechs.
- You will be responsible for developing Atom’s Mobile Banking Application using appropriate software languages and tools
- You will oversee daily stand-ups with the Mobile Application Development team and escalate any blockers to the Head of Engineering
- You will contribute to technical design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- You may be involved in the design and develop data models/structures, API integrations, loosely coupled code and the fundamental application framework using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will ensure that the attack vectors are minimised, and security issues are mitigated using a combination of secure development practice and additional Mobile Application security tooling
- You will ensure that all developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing, secure development)
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the Middleware Dev and Test teams or any required integration provider
- You will work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of quality, and ideally defect-free development output, maintaining a high degree of test coverage
- Working within sprints to deliver the company requirements as directed by the lead developers
- Production of accurate documentation and design artefacts of the code you develop
- Effective triage and resolution of QA defects and production issues in a third line capacity
- Effective collaboration with all internal and external teams
- Contribution to team technical standards and designs
- Effective time management, good resilience and drive
- De-risked technical delivery and reduction of KPDs
- Lead smooth issue free releases to non-prod and production environments
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field OR relevance vocational qualification(s)
- A working knowledge of the Kotlin for the development of mobile applications and the ability to code, build and deploy an application on a mobile device
- Experience in development capacity encompassing contribution to solution design, and technical documentation production
- Conversant with SOLID and OOP principles and Software Design Patterns, BDD and TDD as approaches
- Knowledge of UX Development including responsive designs and accessibility, some knowledge of RESTful API integration would be helpful but not essential.
- Ability to learn and communicate problems during your training period
- Clear communicator both written and verbally
- Building unit test
- Programming of other non-mobile languages
- App Store Provisioning, release provisioning
- JIRA / Confluence experience
- Experience of working closely with User Experience and Customer Experience teams
- Improvisation and thinking outside the box to solve complex technical challenges
- Experience of DevOps environments
- Experience of iOS Development
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.