As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
It’s important that our everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry as well as providing exceptional customer service.
The Technology team works at the heart of Atom. The team is made up of DevOps, Automation, UX, Change, Testing, Developers, Service Delivery & Cyber Security. Together they ensure that Atom manages effective business change in building and maintaining all of Atom’s Technology. The Site and Build Reliability Engineer is a key member of the DevOps team and will work with the wider team to design, develop and support Atom’s key systems.
In this role you will have the opportunity to complete a professional qualification to support your learning and development in the role. You will receive ongoing support from your coach and peers as well as a mentor from another business area.
- You’d be reporting directly to our SRE Development and Architecture Lead, who leads the DevOps team
- Be able to collaborate with other team members and teams
- Work with other team members, to design and develop a wide range of key systems
- Participate in daily stand-ups and discussions with developers, engineering teams and project managers
- Work with SREs to break requirements down into stories and tasks, along with work estimates
- Ensure the best practices of trustworthy computing and secure development and implementation lifecycle are adhered to
- Ensure our engineering processes have a focus on scalability, resilience and performance
- Working with other team members to facilitate regular software releases using a continuous delivery pipeline
- Provide production support and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure, deployed applications and DevOps tooling. Note – this may require out-of-hours on-call duties
- Broad understanding of Cloud, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Experience of Infrastructure-as-code processes and tooling (e.g. Packer, Terraform, Ansible)
- Understanding of security with regards to Cloud computing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & dynamic Agile environment
- A passion for developing and learning
- Passionate about Atom and its core values
- Experience building relationships with others and working within cross-functional teams
- Agility and Flexibility
- Resilience, ability to work towards tight timescales
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at