As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of tech we use...
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform. Read more about our move to GCP.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Read more about our partnership with Thought Machine and our use of hashed ledgers and smart contracts to change banking tech forever.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
Atom is looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware systems analysts to join our team to help us move our thinking forward and want to be part of a team that is disrupting the market with a cutting-edge digital banking solution.
As a Systems Analyst at Atom, you’ll help us develop the next generation of mobile banking. You will analyse architectural designs, collaborate with product owners and participate in development scrums. You should have a good understanding of various aspects of technology as you will be working with a range of systems from backend databases all the way up to the mobile apps, to translate requirements from concept into reality in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Understanding the design direction set by the architecture team and ensuring this is translated into the product backlog and the developed solution.
- Communicating the documented design to engineering and testing teams to ensure the solutions are built as specified and fully tested.
- Working with product owners to help develop and refine the product backlog.
- Working with service delivery to understand the impact of a given release/ rollout effort.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation and run books for solutions to enable solutions to transition into production.
- Ability to understand the operation of many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before.
- Participating in the planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of an Agile team.
- Upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design.
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of clear, concise user stories within the product backlogs.
- Key participant in the agile delivery process, ensuring that developed solutions meet the intended design and fulfil requirements.
- Production of accurate documentation and design artefacts of the developed solutions.
- Effective collaboration with all internal and external teams.
- Effective time management, good resilience and drive.
- Naturally curious, you are a “self-starter” who thrives on learning new technologies and bringing new ideas that help the team deliver great outcomes.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a willingness to work designing and analysing elements from backend to frontend.
- Experience of the full development lifecycle.
- Experience of participating in an agile project methodology.
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment.
- Experience of working in a product-centric environment.
- Experience of working with complex systems in a previous role.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at