Technical Delivery Lead
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
Atom’s Tech Delivery teams create new features that our customers love. We automate our internal processes, so our colleagues don’t have to do things manually. Our Tech Delivery teams are responsible for managing and delivering all change in Atom, technical & non-technical. We achieve this by bringing people with different skills together into cross-functional & highly performant teams, to guide us on our mission of making banking better for everyone!
We’ve aligned our Tech Delivery teams to business value streams covering Mortgages, Business Lending, Savings, Enterprise & Platform. These value streams are divided into sub-streams, such as Origination and Servicing within Mortgages. As a Technical Delivery Lead, you’ll lead the Technology activity for a value sub-stream.
You’ll collaborate with your value stream & sub-stream commercial teams & product managers, understanding & contributing to the build of the business roadmap & product strategy, whilst also creating this for your sub-stream. A focus on delivering early value to customers frequently & predictably is key, whilst executing on the change programme. We are committed to applying DevOps principles & practices on our journey to become an elite delivery organisation, as part of this you’ll need to nurture and inspire your sub-stream team to take accountability for their delivery process and the great outcomes they deliver.
We do whatever it takes to get the job done, here at Atom, so this role will involve at points rolling up your sleeves and diving into UX design reviews, testing software, architecture & code reviews, writing user stories and editing technical documents.
You will also:
- Champion good practice within their teams to support their ongoing improvement.
- Work with their architecture team members to create a technology strategy.
- Help the team deliver brilliant digital solutions for Atom’s customers, combining great technology and Agile/Lean/DevOps principles and practices to produce great outcomes.
- Driving delivery of the technology strategy and change programme for the sub-stream
- Help the team measure and understand their performance using relevant metrics (DORA and other metrics such as throughput, cycle time, happiness), using them as a basis for improvement.
- Utilise feedback for continuous learning and improvement in efficient and incremental value delivery to accelerate speed to market.
- Identify and implement improvements in People/Team Topologies, Process, Technology and Culture.
- Manage of the Run/Opex and Change/Capex budgets for their sub-stream, working with Finance on forecasts and actuals.
What do we need from you?
- Be delivery focused – You deliver to commitments whilst ensuring quality
- Be customer focused – You create products that our colleagues or customers love
- Proven experience of successful Agile delivery by leading technical delivery teams, and helping them become mature, high-performing, and autonomous
- Understanding of modern technology, e.g. Cloud Computing, CI/CD, IaC, Microservices
- Possess a deep understanding of software delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, & Lean whilst working in Agile environments
- Knowledge and experience of other techniques that complement agility, such as Dev(Sec)Ops, Lean, Systems, Thinking, Queuing Theory, Theory of Constraints
- Experience managing products and backlogs in Jira and Confluence
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holidays + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at