Primary ongoing responsibility is for the leadership, management and delivery of strategic Technical Projects, Portfolios & Programmes across the Atom Bank portfolio. Each project is aligned to Atom bank’s strategic pillars with the role to focus on the technical and business delivery of all changes.
The role will be accountable for working primarily within the technology function and with our key partners to shape and drive projects to ensure delivery is achieved consistently on time, to scope and to budget. Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills will also be required ensuring technical resources are actively driven, challenged and managed to ensure project delivery.
The role requires a recognised expert in delivery of multiple technical delivery projects whether using either agile or waterfall methodologies. The successful candidate must have extensive technical knowledge of Cloud, App Dev, Infrastructure and APIs. Demonstrable delivery experience is required with the ability to lead and challenge the status quo based on industry knowledge and best working practices.
Due to the number of 3rd parties involved within Atom bank then this role requires strong leadership and diplomacy skills in that the individual should be able to influence whilst building strong dependable relationships with 3rd parties to ultimately achieve delivery on time and to pre-agreed cost and quality. With their technical background the role should also be able to shape, define and deliver technical solutions and manage challenging constraints across both internal and 3rd party technology.
- Establish, Shape and define governance of technology projects. Establishes a Project/Programme/Portfolio Delivery Structure (PDS) outlining clear roles, responsibilities and ownership.
- Install a framework which can be evidenced to demonstrate quality of technical delivery.
- Lead, create and baseline clear and concise detailed project/implementation plans with identified critical paths ensuring technical resource commitment is obtained from all impacted parties.
- Project manage the delivery and implementation of the project across multiple technical workstreams and stakeholders.
- Influence all stakeholders and provide solutions/options to challenges ensuring time, cost and quality is considered at all times.
- Robust, collaborative and motivational leader able to lead a large team in achieving its goals.
- Present oral and written reports outlining progress etc ensuring the audience is considered at all times. Be able to translate technical jargon into understandable content.
- Operate in a calm, controlled manner which inspires confidence and trust across all stakeholders.
- Lead, Inspire and empower colleagues to take ownership of their delivery scope. Lead decision making discussions and encourage knowledge sharing through various tools and techniques.
- Create a collaborative project environment which empowers stakeholders to become creative in their solutioning of requirements and decision making.
- Set and meet realistic deadlines ensuring stakeholder expectations and buy in is agreed to achieve project success.
- Continuous research of industry best practice with a view to using it within Atom Technology function.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Establishment of effective relationships with external suppliers and key technology resources and key stakeholders.
- Consistent delivery to time, budget and scope.
- Adherence to defined and agreed project methodologies.
- Internal Stakeholder feedback.
- Clear and concise delivery plans and reporting.
- No surprises through consistent reporting.
- Effective and smooth project delivery with subsequent transition into service/BAU.
- Post Implementation Reviews and Post Benefit Reviews.
- Agreement of closure of warranty periods in line with Business/Service Acceptance criteria.
- Experience of managing successful Technical projects with experience of managing large/strategic projects of work including 3rd party implementations.
- Expertise and experience in both Waterfall and Agile delivery techniques.
- Degree level qualified
- Industry expert
- Technically minded
- Forward thinking problem solver
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.