A great opportunity to join a Digital Bank based in Durham.
Your role will be a Test Manager assuring 3rd Party supplier testing along with managing and coordinating the testing of projects and programmes within the Bank.
Previous Financial experience is essential.
You will have excellent exposure to the principles of testing and defect management as well as working experience of testing tools including Zephyr, JIRA and industry standard automation tools.
- Act as an advocate for driving QA best practices across project lifecycle
- Manage and deliver the testing of projects / programmes across all test phases including System, Systems Integration, E2E testing, UAT & Non-Functional Testing phases, using the appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Lead a distributed team consisting of permanent and partner test resources (on and offshore), managing the day to day activities of testing ensuring all the test activities are clearly defined and communicated to the testing team
- Test Resource Management
- Oversee the production of test plans / strategies / test completion reports for projects / programmes
- Oversee production of robust test estimates using industry standard techniques
- Define environment requirements for all test workstreams and phases and agree scheduled deployments
- Oversee defect management and coordination, where applicable
- Test data management
- Test Progress reporting to Senior Stakeholders
- Maintenance of RAID logs
- Mentor and coach team members
- Management of internal and external project stakeholders across all levels
- Actively collaborate with peers, customers and 3rd parties to drive quality across the lifecycle
- Ensure that testing processes followed as per test policy and enterprise/programme test strategy, ensuring content and structure of all testing artefacts is documented and maintained
- Periodically review the quality of test artefacts including test cases and defect reports
- Innovate and improve the existing testing processes and capability to enhance the current maturity model, presenting and demonstrating the benefits to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Continuous improvement of test process in-line with industry standards and common practices, extending the use of tools / frameworks
- ISEB / ISTQB Advanced Test Management certification / or equivalent
Key Performance Indicators:
- Test Management
- Test Policy & Enterprise Test Strategy adherence
- Test strategy adherence
- Produce / review quality test strategies / test plans
- Review the quality of test completion reports
- Defect management
- Analytical skills
- Excellent Communication
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Test Management using onshore and offshore test resource
- Experience of 3rd party test Management
- Excellent knowledge of testing principles, process, methodologies and tools
- Test planning and estimation
- Risk / issue Management
- Experience of working in Agile environment
- Working experience of Zephyr and Jira
- Financial or Banking experience
- Experience of collaborative working on Test Automation and DevOps initiatives
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.