We’re Atom bank.
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
- The UK’s most trusted bank on Trustpilot Want to join us? Atom is a provocative, ambitious and driven Fintech that’s embarking on a chapter of major growth and is looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join the marketing team, to be a key part of this exciting and fast-paced journey
The Capital Markets Analyst will assist in the end to end execution of Atom’s capital market transactions, requiring excellent organisation skills in order to work effectively to tight timescales.
The cornerstone of Atom’s capital market activity is the Elvet RMBS platform which provides Atom with the ability to obtain cheaper funding and optimise Risk Weighted Asset (RWA) requirements, therefore, knowledge of RMBS structures will be required. It would also be desirable for the candidate to be familiar with Rating Agency methodologies for RMBS and related derivative transactions.
The role will require excellent communication skills as a key part of the Capital Markets Analyst role will be building close relationships with stakeholders from across the business and assisting to manage the various complex workstreams required to be delivered as part of the transaction to ensure efficient execution. Proficient written communication skills will be required as the incumbent will assist in the preparation of papers for ALCO, Board and the Executive, prior experience of communicating complex matters succinctly and effectively at executive level would be beneficial.
On a day to day basis, the role will lead the preparation of the monthly reporting generated by Atoms capital market transactions in an accurate and efficient manner, related internal MI and management of Atoms collateral position. Atom Treasury is an agile team which will give the successful applicant the opportunity to support daily dealing, IRRBB and liquidity reporting from time to time, therefore the applicant would ideally have a well-rounded Treasury skillset.
This role reports to the Head of Funding and Liquidity in Treasury but will engage regularly with senior management across Finance and Treasury in particular.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like? (but, no two days are the same at Atom)
- Assist in the end to end execution of Atom’s capital market transactions
- Build excellent relationships with internal contacts from across the business
- Focus on efficient delivery of the workstreams involved in RMBS transactions
- Lead the production of monthly reporting and MI for Atoms capital markets transactions
- Monitoring and management of Atoms collateral position
- Support activity across front office dealing, IRRBB and liquidity as required
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you
- Demonstrable experience in a bank Treasury environment
- Knowledge of RMBS transaction structures
- Working accurately to tight timescales
- An excellent communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with colleagues
What would we ideally like from you
- Knowledge of Rating Agency structured finance and derivative methodologies
- Well-rounded Treasury skillset (Liquidity, IRRBB, Front Office dealing, etc)
- Communicating effectively with ALCO, Board and Executive members
- Further post graduate qualification (e.g. ACT)
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lesssons and a rowing membership
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Flexible working in a creative environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/sponsorship
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at