The Atom Treasury team is responsible for managing the bank’s funding, liquidity, and market risk exposure. The role is focused on providing support across all these activities, with exposure to the entire spectrum of Atom’s Treasury function, including financial markets, asset and liability management, cash management, and debt financing.
The opportunity will suit an individual who is numerate and detail orientated, capable of producing first class analysis which will be used to support the tactical and strategic business decisions made by the bank.
It is also important for the individual to be systems orientated and capable of both developing and improving processes, to support the growth of Treasury capabilities.
As the environment is constantly changing, flexibility and agility are essential attributes for the role.
Working in a small team you will need to have the right attitude and willingness to get involved in anything and everything! This is a great opportunity for someone who is up for the challenge.
What should I expect:
- Manage the bank’s liquidity and interest rate risk position on a daily basis
- Execute the market facing activity of the Treasury team (funding and interest rate risk manage-ment)
- Negotiation of commercial agreements with market counterparties
- Ensure accurate and timely production of MI across spectrum of Treasury activity
- Support development of credit risk management for the Treasury liquid asset portfolio
- Improve process and control management, including documentation
- Provide analysis and support for ad hoc projects/transactions
What do we need from you:
- 5 years experience in a bank/corporate Treasury
- Knowledge of retail and SME products (e.g. mortgages, consumer and SME loans, fixed rate depos-its, instant access savings etc)
- Familiarity with financial markets (e.g. OTC, fixed income, capital markets)
- Experience with behavioural modelling
- Practical experience with one or more of: cash management, interest rate risk management, liquidity risk, credit risk
- Experience with banking systems; and familiarity with accounting balance sheets
- Ability to build relationships across the business, partners and third parties
- Comfortable with taking the initiative to solve problems, and follow through to conclusion
What would we ideally like from you?
- Knowledge and or practical experience of cash management within a Treasury function
- Knowledge and or practical experience of the workings of an Asset and Liability Management function in a retail banking environment
- Knowledge / experience of debt financing transactions and related reporting requirements
- Experience with reviewing/negotiating legal and commercial documentation (e.g. ISDA, CSA and GMRA)
- Some familiarity with bank regulatory requirements (e.g. Basel II, ICAAP, ILAAP)
- Accounting knowledge (e.g. hedge accounting)
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.