Some useful definitions, to help you out:
- ‘AER’ means annual equivalent rate and is designed to make it easy for you to compare savings products. It tells you how much interest you’d earn if you put some money in an account and left it there for a full year. It takes account of things like how often the interest is paid and assumes any interest paid during that year is added to the balance and earns interest.
- ‘Gross’ is the rate of interest that’s payable on this account and represents the amount of tax-free interest you’ll earn per year.
Other important information:
- Account holders must be aged 18 or over and a UK resident.
- At this time, accounts can only be opened as sole accounts.
- There’s no limit on the number of accounts you can hold, within the Maximum Balance Limit.
- The initial deposit into the account must be at least £50.
- The total of all the balances held in your Atom savings accounts (excluding any interest we’ve added) cannot exceed the Maximum Balance Limit specified in your Fixed Saver T&Cs.
- The deposit window starts as soon as the account is opened and will close at 9pm on the same day the following week. While there’s no limit on the number of deposits you can make into your account during the deposit window, no money can be added to it once the window closes.
- Interest can be added to your account or paid into a nominated account held in your name. It’s typically paid monthly on the day of the month you opened your account, or annually on the anniversary of account opening.
- Maturity dates are specific to each customer, based on the term of your product and your account opening date. We’ll contact you with options before your account matures, so you can tell us what you want to do with your money.
- If you need this document in another format, please contact us via the App or call 0333 399 0050.
The ‘Fixed Saver T&Cs’ give you more detail about how the product works, so you can decide if it’s right for you.