14 December 2018
Digital Mortgages by Atom bank announces today it will be rebranding in 2019 to become unified under the Atom bank brand.
Digital Mortgages by Atom bank launched in December 2016 with the brand being created to establish a distinction from All Types of Mortgages (AToM), the mortgage broker & distributor, allowing both to trade without confusion in the market.
Maria Harris, Director of Intermediary Lending at Atom bank said: “It’s great news for our brokers that Digital Mortgages will be integrated with the Atom bank customer brand next year. Our focus remains on continuing to provide the same great, digital service to intermediaries and customers, and following this agreement with AToM, all Atom bank services and products will now be unified under one brand. We retain a great relationship with Vic and Dale and wish them continued success with their new brand.”
AToM, who have been trading for 28 years, will operate under its own new brand ‘IMPACT Specialist Finance’ with effect from January 2019. AToM has been under the successful leadership of Vic and Dale Jannels since its inception and provides specialist mortgage services for the intermediary mortgage market and its own client bank.
Dale Jannels, Managing Director of the new company said: “The rebrand of All Types of Mortgages represents a new and major milestone in the evolution of our business and we are excited about the opportunities IMPACT Specialist Finance will bring us as we enter the New Year.
“We echo the good wishes from the bank and wish them continued success as they continue their journey.”
Note to Editors
After securing its banking license in June 2015, Atom bank launched operations in April 2016, offering market-leading Fixed Saver accounts and secured business lending for small and medium-sized enterprises (‘SMEs’). From the start, Atom set out to build a customer- driven bank, designed to meet their new needs and optimised for mobile technologies.
Atom bank launched its first mobile mortgage product in December 2016 and has taken over £1.7bn of deposits and lent over £2bn to small businesses and homeowners.
Atom is here to change banking, creating a disruptive and digital bank, keeping costs low and passing back the value to its customers. The Atom app is at the heart of the bank, with a 24/7 support team on hand to help with any customer queries through phone, chat, email and social media, working out of their Durham HQ.
The Atom executive team are highly experienced, having built and run some of the most well-respected banks in the UK. CEO Mark Mullen has 25 years’ experience in the sector and was previously CEO at the multi- award-winning telephone and internet bank first direct. The team are supported by a strong non-exec board, which includes Chairman, Bridget Rosewell. Bridget has an economics background, is also Chairman of the Driver Vehicle Standards Agency and on the board of Network Rail as well as a Commissioner with the National Infrastructure Commission.
Since its creation in April 2014, Atom has:
- Raised almost £400m of equity capital through the support of private and institutional investors, including BBVA, Woodford Investment Management and Toscafund Asset Management
- Built a highly motivated and experienced team of around 300 permanent employees
- Been ranked 9th in KPMG’s ‘Global 2018 Fintech 100’ listing, and uniquely in the EU have been top 10 in this listing for the last four years
- Ranked 1st in Tech World’s Digital Challengers list
- Ranked 14th in LinkedIn’s ‘Top 25 Startups’ 2017
- Voted the UK’s most recommended bank
- Industry leading NPS scores of +75
- Trustpilot score of 5/5
- 98% of customers said they would recommend us on Reevoo
- Established a global network of partners and suppliers
- Launched 3 and 6 month and 1, 2, 3 and 5 Year market-leading Fixed Saver accounts -Atom has taken £1.7bn in deposits so far
- Launched Digital Mortgages by Atom bank, offering secured lending to SMEs and residential mortgage products - Atom has loaned around £1.7bn to date
- will.i.am joined Atom bank as a Strategic Board Advisor, giving an external perspective on culture, community and technology
- Announced a four year STEM partnership with the Prince’s Trust in North East England
- Signed up to the Women in Finance Charter in 2016 and the Tech Talent Charter in 2017
- Announced the Atom Incubator to support North East startups at their HQ in Durham