10 January 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Atom bank, the UK’s first bank designed for digital and optimised for mobile, announces two new accounts to its current market-leading Fixed Saver range, with three year and five year products available for today.
Details of the new products are:
- 3 year Fixed Saver 1.70% Gross / AER
- 3 year Fixed Saver (monthly interest) 1.69% Gross / 1.70% AER
- 5 year Fixed Saver 2.05% Gross / AER
- 5 year Fixed Saver (monthly interest) 2.03% Gross / 2.05% AER
The new additions join the existing line-up of Atom bank’s Fixed Saver accounts, available since the bank launched last year, and which have consistently held positions at the top of the best buy table since launch.
Atom bank’s suite of products now includes:
- Fixed Saver accounts, available in One, Two, Three and Five Year term options
- Secured Business Lending (SME) via selected intermediaries
- Residential Mortgages, available via a panel of intermediaries
Customers can browse and buy all Fixed Savers via the Atom bank App, the first banking App to provide a truly personal experience with unique logos and the ability to name the bank what you want (within reason!), as well as pioneering banking security using biometric technology with face and voice recognition.
New customers can download the Atom App from the Apple or Android Play stores to open their account in a few taps, or visit www.atombank.co.uk for more information. Lisa Wood, Atom’s CMO said: “We are delighted to add to our range of savings accounts and to bring our customers the best possible banking experience without the pain and frustration you can get with traditional providers. Being purely digital we are able to operate a lower cost model and pass these savings back through great interest rates, and as a UK licensed bank we offer full Financial Services Compensation Scheme protection on deposits to provide extra reassurance to our customers.”
Building of the bank, a bit of history
Atom bank is led by CEO Mark Mullen and Founder and Chairman Anthony Thomson and since its creation in April 2014, the team has:
- Raised in excess of £135m in capital through the support of a group of over 100 private and institutional investors, including BBVA, Woodford Investment Management and Toscafund Asset Management
- Built a highly motivated and experienced team of 250 employees
- Established a global network of partners and suppliers.
- Been granted first a restricted licence in June 2015 and now a full unrestricted licence to offer personal and business banking services
- Opened doors to all UK customers in October 2016
- Launched on both IOS and Android platforms
- Pioneered biometric technology in the UK
- Launched two market-leading Fixed Saver accounts
- Introduced Secured Business Lending to SMEs via selected intermediaries
- Launched Digital Mortgages by Atom - residential mortgages through intermediaries
- Became the only UK bank to be included in the 2016 Global KPMG Fintech 100 Top 10
Notes to editors
Atom is determined to set the agenda for what the future of banking looks like, redefining the relationship customers have with their money, providing a unique, branch-free, banking experience, built around the best interests of customers. They want customers to be more engaged with their finances, giving them the ability to manage their own money just by using the Atom App. A dedicated 24/7 support team will be on hand to help with any customer queries through phone, chat, email and social media, working out of their Durham HQ. As a UK licenced bank Atom offers full Financial Services Compensation Scheme protection on deposits.
About Atom bank
Atom is a start-up bank, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the PRA.
Founded in 2014 and based in the City of Durham, Atom has a growing team of 250 people drawn from across the country, working with partners to bring pioneering technology to Europe for the first time. Atom is building the UK’s first bank designed specifically for digital, offering easy and convenient banking, along with unique and engaging ways to manage money. Atom has been recognised in KPMG’s 2016 Fintech 100, being in the Top 10 companies using technology to drive disruption globally within the financial services industry.
The Atom executive team are highly experienced, having built and run some of the most well respected banks in the UK. CEO Mark Mullen has 25 years experience in the sector and was previously CEO at the multi-award winning telephone and internet bank First Direct. The team are supported by a strong non-exec board, which includes founder and Chairman Anthony Thomson, also the founder and former Chairman at Metro Bank. He is Chairman of the Financial Services Forum, the UK’s leading membership organisation for senior FS industry executives and Chairman of the National Skills Academy for Financial Services, a national charity.