Interim Financial Planning Manager
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 500 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
The Finance team sits at the heart of the bank, with sub-teams of Financial Reporting and Control, Financial Performance and Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Treasury. They play a key role in planning and managing capital and liquidity and assessing financial performance. The team will lead the way as we work towards a listing on a public capital market.
The Financial Planning & Analysis function within Finance supports the business through the provision of forward-looking plans & forecasts that guide the future direction of the business and by analysing business performance to make sure agreed plans are on track. Reporting to the Senior FP&A Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for production of financial plans, budgets, forecasts, scenarios, and sensitivities including stress tests. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
- Ownership of the “bottoms-up” financial plan, budget and forecasting processes. Consolidation and modelling of business inputs.
- Work with the Business partnering team to optimise and iterate business plan production
- Assist in production of “top-down” strategic financial plans and accompanying sensitives and scenarios for use by the Board, regulators, and investors. Work with Strategy and Corporate Finance to set targets, guardrails and critical success factors for the business
- Production of “what if” and scenario planning including stress tests
- Support the annual ICAAP process, including modelling, analysis and recommendations
- Assist developing and roll out of bank-wide planning and stress testing frameworks, embedding stress testing into BAU decision making processes
- Own consolidation of risks and opportunities reporting
- Own and monitor key planning assumptions
- Own reporting of financial plans and forecasts to senior management, committees, and board - Provide analysis as required for existing investors and potential new investors
- Build and support development in financial modelling to enable the teams to develop robust financial plans in efficient timeframes
What do we need from you?
- Be available to start February 2024
- Fully qualified accountant- ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Demonstrable experience in FP&A or similar environment
- Demonstrable commercial experience gained within the Financial Services Industry
- Retail banking experience including exposure to to capital requirements and stress testing
- Advanced Excel, modelling & data handling skills
- Able to deal with uncertainty, working effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills at a senior level. Ability to build effective relationships across the business
- Ability to communicate complex issues to Executive Team, Board and Investors clearly and effectively (written and verbal), adapting style to audience and subject matter
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at