Third Party Risk Management Manager
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Atom’s Resilience & Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team sit within our Operations function and support the business across Procurement, Third Party Risk Management and Operational Resilience. The team works closely together with first and second-line functions, ensuring Atom engages with its strategic third-party relationships to execute its business strategy and manage the risks associated to ensure we run a safe and sustainable bank, in line with our risk appetite.
As TPRM Manager you’re tasked with ensuring Atom is compliant with regulatory requirements in relation to its outsourcing and third-party relationships. You’re also accountable for make sure that our first line completes with the bank’s outsourcing and third-party risk management policy and will provide SME support to help supplier relationship managers (SRM’s) in the first line implement framework requirements.
This includes supporting with ongoing risk assessment, due diligence and monitoring requirements. The TPRM Manager will also be responsible for developing and enhancing the framework to ensure compliance with evolving regulatory requirements and optimisation of third-party lifecycle processes.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Third Party Risk Management including management of the end-to-end third-party lifecycle and supporting processes.
- Working closely with first line Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure third party governance and oversight requirements are embedded and risks are being monitored and mitigated appropriately.
- Taking ownership of generating and improving third party risk KPIs and dashboards across the third-party population and presenting these at appropriate executive committees.
- Provide support to the Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure best practice is met and a consistent approach to third party risk management is delivered across the bank.
- Develop and evolve the online Supplier Relationship Management training programme, delivering coaching and one to one support where appropriate.
- Investigate new and innovative industry solutions to maintain best practice, deliver cost savings and ensure continual regulatory compliance.
- Support with delivery of any change/ transformation/ remediation work required to embed enhanced TPRM processes.
- Ability to adapt and learn across Procurement and Operational Resilience to support team’s integrated remit across these areas.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in Third Party Risk Management/ Vendor Management/ Procurement teams within the Financial Services
- Operational Risk Management experience would be advantageous
- Working experience of regulatory requirements within the Financial Services Industry in particular PRA requirements on outsourcing and third-party risk management (SS2/21).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid working
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Electric Vehicle scheme
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at