Customer Support Agent
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations Team consists of; Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
It’s important that everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm, and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry as well as providing exceptional customer service.
Our Customer Support team are the first point of contact for all of Atom’s Customers and are pivotal in ensuring Atom keeps to its mission of being the most Customer-Centric bank on the planet. The Customer Support team is at the centre of the business and as such, our CSA’s are essential in capturing the voice of the customer to support the business in implementing change and making our overall proposition stronger and easier for customers.
A Customer Support Agent is the face and voice of Atom. As the first point of contact for our customers, Customer Support Agents support customers to provide knowledge of general and technical queries using multiple channels. Customer Support Agents use great communication skills and their ability to build rapport to resolve queries.
To provide an exceptional service delivery experience through call ownership, business-focussed solutions and technical expertise that delivers Customer Delight at every contact.
The important bits to know:
- Start date - Monday 29th November
- 7 weeks induction training - full time 09:00 - 17:00
- Flexi-work shift pattern following induction - 150 hours per month
- Part-time available - please specify in the application
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As a Customer Support Agent, your responsibilities will include;
- Taking ownership & accountability for providing our customers with the correct solution to help resolve their query
- Ensuring world-class customer service standards are delivered at all times
- Demonstrating empathy by consistently seeing the customers point of view
- Supporting & embracing change with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Taking on board all relevant training and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Atom products and services
- Proactively contribute to the success of the team by sharing knowledge and ideas
- Taking ownership and always look for areas of improvement and self-development
- Demonstrating and delivering exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proactively acting on feedback from customers to ensure that we continue to improve the customer experience
- Supporting the banking operations and broker support teams, as and when business volumes dictate
- Supporting initial collections activity
- Performing against key customer efficiency measures to give our customers the best experience
- Completing some customer admin duties.
What do we need from you?
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Exceptional organisation skills – and the ability to follow through on actions agreed
- A proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced and continually changing environment
- Desire to work with a team and learn from other team members
- Knowledgeable of customer’s needs and expectations
- Motivated by teamwork and resolving tasks and issues
- High ethics and standards
- Good problem-solving skills
- Thinks through consequences of actions and can present a clear rationale for decision making
- Able to negotiate effectively and handle difficult and confrontational situations
- Ability to work towards targets and deadlines
- Able to perform a variety of administrative tasks
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary - £20,000, with progression opportunities
- Annual Share Option – performance-related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at