Customer Support Agent
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
It’s important that our everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry as well as providing exceptional customer service.
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
Our Customer Support team are the first point of contact for all of Atom Customers and are pivotal in Atom ensuring keeps its mission as being the most Customer Centric bank on the planet. The customer support team is the at the centre of the business and as such, our CSA’s are essential in capturing the voice of the customer to support the business in implementing change and making our overall proposition stronger and easier for customers.
A Customer Support Agent is the face and voice of Atom. As the first point of contact for our customers, Customer Support Agents supports customers provide customer with general and technical queries using multiple channels. Customer Support Agents use great communication skills and their ability to build rapport to resolve queries. To provide an exceptional service delivery experience through call ownership, business focussed solutions and technical expertise that delivers Customer Delight at every contact.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- To take ownership & accountability for providing our customers with the correct solution to help resolve their query.
- To ensure world class customer service standards are delivered at all times.
- Demonstrating empathy by consistently seeing the customers point of view
- Supporting & embracing change with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
- To take on board all relevant training and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Atom products and services
- To proactively contribute to the success of the team by sharing knowledge and ideas.
- To take ownership and always look for areas of improvement and self-development
- To demonstrate and deliver exceptional problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- To proactively act on feedback from customers to ensure that we continue to improve the customer experience
- To support the banking operations and broker support teams, as and when business volumes dictate.
- Support initial collections activity.
- To perform against key customer efficiency measures to give our customers the best experience.
- Complete some customer admin duties.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Previous experience in a contact centre/face to face customer service role
- Exceptional organisation skills – and the ability to follow through on actions agreed
- A proven ability to adapt to a fast paced and continually changing environment
- Desire to work with a team and learn from other team members.
- Knowledgeable of customer’s needs and expectations
- Motivated by team work and resolving tasks and issues
- High ethics and standards
- Good problem solving skills
- Thinks through consequences of actions and can present clear rationale for decision making
- Able to negotiate effectively and handle difficult and confrontational situations
- Ability to work towards targets and deadlines
- Able to perform a variety of administrative tasks
- Flexible and Enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
What would we ideally like from you?
- Financial services experience
- Interest in digital technology
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – (up to 10% of basic salary) - Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at