6 Month Fixed Saver
What is the interest rate?
- These rates are effective from 22nd September 2021 and are fixed until the end of your product term.
- All interest is paid gross and can be added to your account or paid into a nominated account held in your name.
- For monthly interest products, interest is typically paid on the day of the month you opened your account. For annual interest products with a term of 1 year or longer, it is paid on the anniversary of account opening and for those with a term of less than 1 year, it is paid at the end of the term.
- ‘AER' means ‘annual equivalent rate' and is designed to make it easy for you to compare savings products. It tells you how much interest you'd earn if you put some money in an account and left it there for a full year. It takes account of things like how often the interest is paid and assumes any interest paid during that year is added to the balance and earns interest.
- ‘Gross' is the rate of interest that’s payable on this account and represents the amount of tax-free interest you'll earn in a year.
Can Atom bank change the interest rate?
No. The interest rate on your Fixed Saver will stay the same until the end of the product term.
What would the estimated balance be after 6 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
|6 Month Fixed Saver||£1,003.47|
This is the amount of money you'll have in your account after 6 months, if your balance is £1,000 from the first day onwards and your interest is added to your balance.
How do I open and manage my account?
- You can open and manage this account using the Atom app, which is available from the UK App Store© and the UK Google Play© store.
- You must be at least 18 years old to open an account.
- We’re only offering sole accounts at this time.
- The initial deposit into your account must be at least £50.
- You can hold as many Fixed Saver accounts as you like, as long as the total balance held in all your Atom savings accounts doesn’t exceed the Maximum Balance Limit specified in the Fixed Saver T&Cs.
- Your deposit window starts as soon as the account is opened and closes at 9pm on the same day the following week. You can make as many deposits as you like during this window, as long as you don’t exceed the Maximum Balance Limit.
Can I withdraw money?
- You can’t take any money out of a Fixed Saver account until the end of the product term, when it matures.
- Your maturity date will be based on your product term and account opening date. We’ll contact you with options before your account matures, so you can tell us what you want to do with your money.
- From 6th April 2016, the Personal Savings Allowance means basic rate taxpayers can earn up to £1,000 interest tax-free per year; this limit is £500 for higher rate taxpayers.
- Where possible, HMRC will automatically collect any tax you owe through a change to your tax code.
- Go to: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-savings-allowance-factsheet for more information.
- If you need this document in another format, please contact us via the app or call 0333 399 0050.
- The ‘Fixed Saver T&Cs’ give you more detail about how the product works, so you can decide if it’s right for you.
- Please note that the rates we offer can change at any time.