09 July 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9th July 2018
Atom bank adds two new table topping products to its Fixed Saver range
Durham-based Atom bank has announced they are adding two new products to their Fixed Saver range, with 3 and 6 month options now available.
Details of the products are
- 3 month Fixed Saver 1.29% Gross, 1.30% AER
- 6 month Fixed Saver 1.79% Gross, 1.80% AER
Atom’s new products are being launched today at the top of the fixed rate best buy tables, offering a rate of 1.80% AER on the 6 month Fixed Saver and 1.30% AER for the 3 month Fixed Saver. The new products can be opened with balances from as little as £50.
The new additions join their existing Fixed Saver line-up, including Atom’s 1 year product which currently offers the highest rate in the 1 year fixed rate market since April 2016.
Since launch, Atom has attracted over £1.Sbn of deposits from UK savers, giving customers a great deal in terms of interest rates, alongside the ease of opening a new account in minutes using the Atom app.
Atom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the PRA Founded in 2014 and based in the City of Durham. Atom has a growing team of over 310 people drawn from across the country. working with partners to bring pioneering technology to Europe for the first time. Atom is building the UK’s first bank designed specifically for digital. offering easy and convenient banking. along with unique and engaging ways to manage money. Atom bank pie. a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08632552
For more info contact Neil Costello I Head of MarketingI E neil costello@atombank co uk
Lisa Wood, Atom’s Chief Marketing Officer said “Launching our 3 and 6 month Fixed Savers allows customers to lock their cash away for a shorter period of time, but still at a great rate. Low interest rates and rising inflation mean savers have had a really tough time for a while now, but Atom is determined to offer a better alternative to that available from the traditional banks.
“We’re hoping that by having shorter-term products available, our great savings rates are opened up to a larger number of UK savers, not just those that are able to lock their money away for a significant period of time.
“Being purely digital, we are able to operate a lower cost model and pass these savings back through better rates, and as a UK licensed bank we offer FSCS protection on savings for up to £85k per person, to provide extra reassurance to our customers.”
Atom’s new breed of banking takes the hassle away and provides people with a fast, easy and secure service that is accessible through a smartphone or tablet. Customers can manage the whole savings process on their device browsing, opening and accessing all Fixed Savers via the Atom bank app. The app protects customers with pioneering banking security using biometric technology with both face and voice recognition.
New customers can download the Atom app from the Apple or Android Play stores to open their account in a few taps, or visit www.atombank.co.uk for more information.
Note to Editors
After securing its banking license in June 2015, Atom bank launched operations in April 2016, offering market-leading Fixed Saver accounts and secured business lending for small and medium sized enterprises (‘SMEs’) From the start, Atom set out to build a customer- driven bank, designed to meet their new needs and optimised for mobile technologies
Atom bank launched its first mobile mortgage product in December 2016 and has recently announced it has taken over £15bn of deposits and lent £12bn to small businesses and homeowners
Atom are here to change banking, creating a disruptive and digital bank, keeping costs low and passing back the value to its customers. The Atom app is at the heart of the bank, with a 24/7 support team on hand to help with any customer queries through phone, chat, email and social media, working out of their Durham HO
The Atom executive team are highly experienced, having built and run some of the most well respected banks in the UK CEO Mark Mullen has 25 years’ experience in the sector and was previously CEO at the multi- award winning telephone and internet bank first direct The team are supported by a strong non-exec board, which includes Chair, Bridget Rosewell Bridget has an economics background, is also Chairman of the Driver Vehicle Standards Agency and on the board of Network Rail as well as a Commissioner with the National Infrastructure Commission
Since its creation in April 2014. Atom has:
- Raised almost £400m of equity capital through the support of private and institutional investors, including BBVA, Woodford Investment Management and Toscafund Asset Management
- Built a highly motivated and experienced team of around 300 permanent employees
- Been ranked 8th in KPMG’s ‘Global 2017 Fintech 100’ listing, and uniquely in the EU have been toplO in this listing for the last three years
- Ranked 1st in Tech World’s Digital Challengers list
- Ranked 14th in Linkedln’s Top 25 Startups’
- Voted the UK’s most recommended bank
- Industry leading NPS scores of +75
- Trustpilot score of 5/5
- 98% of customers said they would recommend us on Reevoo
- Established a global network of partners and suppliers
- Launched 3 and 6 month and 1, 2, 3 and 5 Year market-leading Fixed Saver accounts - Atom has £15bn in deposits so far
- Launched Digital Mortgages by Atom bank, offering secured lending to SM Es and residential mortgage products - Atom has loaned around £12bn to date
- willi am joined Atom bank as a Strategic Board Advisor, giving an external perspective on culture, community and technology
- Partnered with Deposit Solutions and passported its deposit taking licence to Germany to access German retail savings market to diversify funding options and increase deposits
- Announced a four year STEM partnership with the Prince’s Trust in North East England
- Signed up to the Women in Finance Charter in 2016 and the Tech Talent Charter in 2017
Table topping refers to data taken from Moneyfacts co uk and correct as at 05/07/18, subject to change