The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- For new and existing customers
- Refinance your debt from another lender
- Get a 12 month capital repayment holiday
What is CBILS?
SMEs power our economy. We’ve championed you in the good times and now we want to support you in the tough times. If your business’ finance has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re here to help.
We’re utilising the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) to help UK-based SMEs access finance during this time.
Accredited as a CBILS lender by the British Business Bank, the scheme enables us to provide facilities of up to £5m to SMEs if you’ve experienced lost or deferred revenues, leading to disruptions in your cash flow.
Can my business get a CBILS loan?
If your business fits the following criteria, your broker should be able to start a CBILS application on your behalf.
Your business must:
- Be UK-based in its business activity
- Be an SME with an annual turnover of no more than £45 million
- Have a borrowing proposal which the lender would consider viable subject to the facility helping with short and medium term cash flow difficulties
- Self-certify that it has been adversely impacted by COVID-19
- Provide suitable security for a secured loan in line with Atom’s commercial lending policy
- Generate more than 50% of its turnover from trading activity
- Not have been classed as a “business in difficulty” on 31 December 2019 and must not be subject to any current collections or insolvency proceedings.
You won’t be able to apply for a CBILs loan if your business is one of the following:
- A bank, building society, insurer or reinsurer (but insurance brokers can apply)
- A public-sector body.
CBILS Key Facts
Secured businesses loans from £100,000 to £5m.
First 12 months are interest-free and fee-free.
Repayment terms up to six years.
We’ll consider refinancing debt from another lender if it improves your cash flow.
No personal guarantee required below £250k.
We’ll accept applications from new and existing customers.
How do I apply?
Ready to apply? Chat to a broker who works with Atom and see if a CBILS loan is right for your business. They’ll make an application for you, and we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
We’re not accepting CBILS applications yet, but you should still find a broker and discuss your application with them now.
News and resources for you
All the latest news and info about our CBILS loans
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Full details on CBILS eligibility criteria and the list of participating CBILS lenders can be found on the British Business Bank website at:www.british-business-bank.co.uk/CBILS